Friday, December 2, 2016

Nonfiction Blog

The nonfiction book that I am currently reading is "Steve Jobs, Apple and IPod Wizard", by Scott Gillam. The book tells us about the life of the late apple ceo, Steve Jobs. Throughout the whole book we learn about the many event that led to Steve Jobs becoming one of the most successful buissness men ever and the apple CEO. Besides that we also learned of the many hardships Steve had to go through, like how he was put up for adoption at a young age. Also how he would have to drop out of one of the best colleges, because his family was not able to pay for it.

The passage that had interested me the most was, "Steve was obviously bright. One teacher later remembered how he had always had a different way of looking at a problem. His low grades and pranks, however, had gotten his school career off on the wrong foot. Fortunately, Steve's fourth-grade teacher, Mrs. Hill, found a way to motivate him. "I have this math workbook," she said. "If you take it home and finish on your own without any help and you get 80 percent right, I will give you five dollars and one of these really big suckers." This passage is interesting because I find it really weird how one of the most successful businessmen would not like school that much. The other thing that I find interesting from this passage is the fact that he needed to be bribed in order to do he work. That was a complete surprise to me when I read because it was funny how one of the most successful businessman needed to be bribed.

Later on i will probably forget everything. Will except for the fact that he would need to be bribed in order for him to learn. I mean come on why would one of the most successful businessman in the world need to be bribed with money and candy. I mean for real why would a buissness man need to be bribed in order to learn, also the fact that he didn't like to learn was surprising as well.

I commented on: Edgar's BlogLazar's BlogJesse's BlogChristian's Blog





4 comments:

  1. I liked you blog. It was written right and you did everything that you were supposed to do. The only thing that you did wrong was a couple a spelling errors and grammar errors. But besides that good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! Although I see a few grammatical errors on your seconds paragraph but it's very detailed and explainable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the topic that you did wasn't a good or interesting on in my opinion. I feel the story of Steve Jobs isn't a story that could be summarized in a small paragraph. I say you should've gave ore information on him and his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a good blog that really told me what you thought about the blog. In the second to last sentence of the second paragraph there was an error made with the wording.

    ReplyDelete