Friday, May 26, 2017

I Believe Speech

“Tell the Truth”
By: Anthony Gonzalez 

Have you ever told a lie that has completely backfired on you? Well that has happened to me before. After that situation I believe that you should always tell them truth right away. Cause if you don't tell the truth right away it can really backfire on you, and you can some consequences

I was looking for an excuse for not doing the homework for the that, but I finally came up with the perfect one. It was that my internet was not working, when it worked I was completely surprised. It worked so good that I had decided to use that same excuse a second time, but this time I wasn’t so lucky. This time the teacher, had asked for my parents phone numbers so she can contact them and talk to them about the “internet problems”.

The class that I didn't do the homework for was my accelerated ELA class. The teacher of the ELA class was Mrs. Larson. This event had happened to me during the 7th Grade. It had occurred like about December or January.

This had happened for one reason and for one reason only. The reason why I lied saying my internet wasn't working because of the fact that I never understood the homework. But instead of asking questions I just lied saying that my internet was down.

With this experience I learned one really important lesson. That lesson is that to just tell the truth right away, because if you don’t the lie can really backfire on you, and you can get some serious consequences. After this had happened it really changed. It had resulted in me usually not lying about why I did not do my homework. It also resulted in me not wanting to tell lies about why I didn't do my homework, and just tell the truth right away. I will apply this into the future, by just doing my homework.

So after everything I learned that if you should just tell the truth right away, or if you are going to lie make sure that it does not backfire on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment