Thursday, February 9, 2017

Berlin Memorial Activity

During this activity I learned a lot of this things, one of those things was that the Jewish people had suffered a lot. One of those many things was that one day you could to work and might never be seen again. Just imagine one day you can go to work, and then your children will never see you again. Another thing that I had learned during this activity was that sometimes Jews would have to do forced labor, so basically they were like slaves. One last thing that I learned was that on any piece of clothing they had the Star of David sewn on it. So as you can tell there were really strict rules set against the Jewish people.

There might be tons of reasons why the monument was built, but there is one reason why I think that it was built. I think that the monument was built in order to honor those who were killed in the Holocaust. So they can honor the Jewish people, the homosexuals, and the people who would disagree with the believes of the Nazis. So they can never forgot the complete wrong that had happened during the Holocaust.

As the years would go by they would keep adding restrictions. Something that I had noticed about the  restrictions was that at first they were extremely specific, but as the years went by they would be kind of random. An example would be that in the early 1930's the Jews were banned from going to beaches, but on in 1942 they were not allowed to buy milk. Another thing that I had notice was that they would slowly add more restrictions, instead of adding them all at once. The reason for this might be that the Nazi's did not want the Jewish people to revolt.


With all of  the restrictions they had a lot of them would have been hard to follow. But in my opinion the restriction that would have been the hardest for me to follow would have to be the restriction that would not let the Jewish people have pets. The reason for this would have to end up the hardest one for me because I absolutely love animals. Another thing that would be hard thing for me is that if you did have a pet and you were Jewish then, they would either kill or take away the pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment